• XENSE has no option for showing thumbnails.
• XENSE Plus has the same look as the XENSE theme, but I've added the option for a thumbnail tray with 3 different thumbnail sizes with or without borders, a Pause/Play button and a Progress bar. When you don't like these buttons you can hide them in the Theme Styles.
• XENSE Plus Open has the same look as the XENSE Plus theme, but the thumbnail tray is open by default (but you can click it away). When you don't like these buttons you can hide them in the Theme Styles. There are 3 different thumbnail sizes with or without borders.
• XENSE Flickr pulls all images from Flickr. This theme too is suited for the SHOW/HIDE-stack, letting your visitors hide the content, the footer, etc.
• With the XENSE You Tube theme you can add a YouTube movie as background. You'll need the plugin Stacks for this and the free YouTube stack.
FREE SLIDER STACKS
Download three HV-Slider Stacks, made by Tsooj Media. They are free! With these stacks (only for the XENSE and the BLOW-UP themes) it's very simple to add your images to the background. The setup for these stacks is dead simple: drop the HV-Slider stack into a Stacks page and drop a HV-Slider Image stack in it for each image.
All settings are in the Side Panel.
HIDE 'n' SHOW STACK
When you're showing your photos in large sizes, your visitors might find it annoying that they're covered by the menu and content. Wouldn't it be great to just be able to click it away, so you can view the whole photo?
Well, thanks to the Hide 'n' Show-stack by Tsooj Media that is now possible!
To show you what I mean, have a look at this page for example: top-right you will see the linktext 'Hide Content' (any text is possible). Clicking this text will beautifully slide the content away, and let your visitors fully enjoy your portfolio. They can bring back the page's content simply by clicking the link once more.
Whatever you want your visitors to be able to click away is up to you! Personally, for example, I like to see what the photo is about, so I would leave the slide caption in. But this is all your decision of course! This awesome stack makes your portfolio and the way you present it truly dynamic.
This stack is definitely a must-have addition! It's not included in this theme but available here.
With the plugin Pluskit you can import this stack in any other page.
ANIMATED FULLSIZE BACKGROUND
You can add as many images as you like (to the Assets with RapidWeaver-4, to the Resources with RapidWeaver-5 or images uploaded on your server), add the name of the photos and the photographer with or without a link, choose for a transition (fade, slide or carousel slideshow), a speed, show or hide the thumbnails and navigation bar, choose for a pause slideshow on hover, and much more:
• Slideshow on/off
• Autoplay on/off
• Start Slide. The slide the slideshow starts on. 0 causes a random image to be loaded. 0 is default.
• Stop Loop on/off
• Random on/off
• Slide interval in milliseconds
• Transition effects, options are as follows: Fade, Slide in from top, Slide in from right, Slide in from bottom, Slide in from left, Carousel from right to left, Carousel from left to right
• Speed of transition in milliseconds
• New window (whether or not slide links open in a new window) on/off
• Pause Hover on/off
• Progress Bar on/off
• Keyboard Navigation Allows control via keyboard on/off
• Image protection on/off
And more options with CSS in the Readme.
XENSE theme has an animated vertical query drop down menu with two sub levels (click on image left to enlarge it). You can hide the Menu (and the Title, Slogan, Content, Footer) in the Theme Styles.
In the Theme Styles > Overlay you can add a transparent overlay. There are 14 different overlays (4 in the theme, 10 in the download file).
This is an example of an overlay.
XENSE has four extra content areas: EC1 is at the top right of the window. EC2 is between the Title/Slogan and Content and EC3 is below the MainMenu. EC4 is at the top left of the window. You can use these areas (for example EC1 and EC3) for your logo, text, snippets, stacks (when you use the ExtraContent stack) or whatever.
The XENSE YouTube theme has no ExtraContent areas.
This theme provides built-in support for Josh Lockhart’s RapidSearch plugin. You can put a Searchbox (you'll need the RapidSearch plugin for this) in any ExtraContent container. This demo page shows an example in the EC1 container and in the EC3 container.
This demosite is build with different Theme Styles and with very simple CSS-codes. You can paste these in the Custom CSS (Page-Inspector > Header > CSS) of your RW-page. There are more of these codes in the Readme file and they are really very simple to use.
There are some extra CSS codes for styling your image navigation bar in the Readme.
WHAT'S IN THE README FILE:
3. Quick start to see what you can do with this theme
4. How to install a theme
5. The Title has a link with the index.html of your website
6. Position of the Logo
7. Adding a background slideshow with my images (Quick Start)
8. Adding a background slideshow with your own images
HIDE IMAGE SLIDESHOW
9. Add a Background Pattern (without Background Image)
10. Size and Font-Weight Slide Caption and Counter Text
11. SubMenu FontSize, FontStyle and Height
12. Title FontStyle
13. Underline Links
14. Text Align BreadCrumb Container
15. Inputfields Contact Page
16. Music or Sound Effect
17. Overlay (with extra images)
18. Searchbox in an ExtraContent area
19. TextTime in an ExtraContent area
20. Date (US and European) in an ExtraContent area
21. Mail-a-Friend script in an ExtraContent area
22. ExtraContent Instruction Manual
23. prettyPhoto stack in a PhotoAlbum page
24. Import a stack or page in another page with Pluskit.
25. XENSE Flickr
26. XENSE YouTube
27. Possible Issues
28. Different font to Menu, ExtraContent, SlideCaption, etc.
The ReadMe is very extended and describes very detailed and with some tutorials how to style your site and how to add images, slide-shows, etc.
Allmost plugins and stacks work with SENSE. All built-in plugins work with this theme although I've disabled the Blog page. I don't think this theme is suited for blogs!
Almost every day new stacks are released and I haven't test them all. So I cannot guarantee that every stack will work. The RapidWeaver Central website shows all available stacks.
Internet Explorer 7 and 8 don't support rounded corners and textshadows. When you use the El Tint-o stack rounded corners show up with these browsers too.
This theme has been tested and is OK with all modern browsers: IE7, IE8, IE9, Google Chrome, Camino, Firefox and Safari (for Windows and Mac), and on your iPhone and iPad.
The Manual is very detailed. Read this very carefully before you send me questions. If your troubles are not exclusive to my theme or if you think the issue might be a software concern, please do a search on the Realmac Software forum first.
But you can also post your questions on the Realmac Software forums (Blow-Up thread) and I am sure that I or one of the folks there will help straighten you out enough.
Adding a background music or a sound effect to a slideshow is very simple with some available mp3 stacks (not included in this theme). The Readme describes another method too (example 1, example 2) but you that doesn't work on an iPad/iPhone.
Do not overwhelm your visitors with hundreds of pages with photos. Personally I should use this theme within a project made with another theme, just to show your portfolio.
You can use this theme with or without background images. Before you start to make a website with this theme I would like to give some notes about using it:
• When you add background images it would be better not to add large amounts of text or other content. This theme is great to show your photos, pictures or whatever, so don't cover them with too much other content. That's why I've also added the option to hide the menu and/or the title and slogan in the Theme Style.
When you would like to add more content I think the ScrollPane stack (not included in the theme!) is a must have: you can add many content without annoying your visitors.
ALL THEME STYLES
Go to this page to see all Theme Styles.